Sophisticated Algorithms Utilized in Classification Systems
- Brain electrical activity (EEG) is acquired using the Ahead® hand-held device from frontal regions on the forehead.
- The importance of removing “noise” (non-EEG signals or artifact) from the brain activity recording is very important. BrainScope uses sophisticated proprietary algorithms for artifact detection and removal.
- The characteristics of the brain activity are extracted and quantified using advanced signal processing methods and represent the features or biomarkers which are then used as inputs to the algorithms.
- The innovative sophisticated methodologies used in developing the Ahead® classification systems include those that have their foundation in big data and machine learning from genomics, neuroimaging and proteomics.
- Leveraging machine learning, there is a continuous feedback loop between enhancement of the database and enhancement of the algorithms.
- Customizable, easy-to-use software platform.
- BrainScope’s software is designed from the ground-up to be customizable, efficient, and easy-to-use.
- Running on the popular Android OS, BrainScope’s software can be adapted to a variety of processing and display devices such as smart phones and tablets.
- BrainScope’s Graphical User Interface efficiently guides the user through the steps required to collect EEG and any other data utilized by the embedded classification algorithm. By following a rigorous usability engineering process, BrainScope ensures that all aspects of the software, from the “look and feel” to work flow and performance exceed user expectations.