Senior Software Engineer
- Located in Bethesda, MD
- Competitive salary, excellent stock option package and strong benefits
- Develop specifications and code for medical devices and associated data communication protocols, typically including product functional specifications, design specifications, and verification/validation procedures.
- Develop critical, robust application code for Android based, connected devices.
- Key development areas include Application UI, embedded signal acquisition and cloud based data management.
- Prepares complete software documentation as prescribed by U.S. and international medical device regulations (IEC 62304) and corporate quality management systems procedures
- Lead communication with clinical and marketing teams for handling complaint investigations and feedback.
- Support continuous improvement of company SDLC processes conforming to the IEC 62304 medical device software standard, utilizing CMMI and various software development models.
- Works within timelines, resources, and budgets for completion of assigned projects.
- Reports to Software Development Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Systems Engineering required, Masters preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience with relevant software development in a regulated environment, preferably for medical devices, including Java, Android OS, database creation (SQL), scripting, and connected systems development including web-based access (RESTful services).
- Demonstrate very strong knowledge of the software development life cycle, including deployment of a device in a regulated industry.
- Knowledge of best practices and direct experience with formal software engineering principles (code design, code architecture, code re-use, coding for testability).
- Operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented culture that emphasizes professional development.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start up environment.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resume and a cover letter including availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) has released a Voluntary Self-Identification Form CC-305. All federal contractors are required to use this form in inviting all applicants and employees to provide information regarding their disability status. Completing this form is voluntary and any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way. If you choose to complete the form, please attach it with your job application. The form can be found at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Self_ID_Forms/VoluntarySelf-ID_CC-305_ENG_JRF_QA_508c.pdf