Network and Systems Administrator
BrainScope is seeking ambitious, motivated individual with excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills who would like the opportunity to help people who are affected by a traumatic brain injury.
We are seeking a qualified Network and Systems Administrator with additional general IT support responsibilities. This person will work with our team to provide IT services to the company at large. The appropriate candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of experience supporting all facets of enterprise network, server software and VMware vSphere administration with Linux host support.
- Enterprise Network administration duties include configuring, installing and maintaining network hardware and infrastructure, including virtual servers, workstations, VoIP phones, printers, firewalls, switches, routers, Wi-Fi access points, battery backups and cabling.
- Enterprise server software management duties include Windows Server 2012 R2, VMware vSphere 5/6, Active Directory, Exchange, Remote Desktop Services, DHCP, DNS, and Group Policy Administration.
- Performs operating system upgrades in the Microsoft Windows environment after developing an upgrade plan and reviewing the plan with supervisor. This includes but is not limited to implementing, maintaining, and enhancing the Microsoft Exchange (‘Exchange’) and Active Directory (‘AD’) environments.
- Installation of new software and software upgrades for all layered products after presenting a plan for user testing and migration to the new product level.
- Monitors system performance and proposes software updates or parameter changes to enhance system performance; develops a plan for testing, implementing, and measuring the results of system performance.
- Maintains required operating system security on all centralized Windows machines.
- Works with hardware and software customer support service organizations as required solving problems.
- Maintains user workstation operating system updates and virus protection applications and their deployment.
- Duties also include working with employees to resolve hardware/software issues, spec IT requirements for services and meet expected IT service levels and standards.
- VMware vSphere administration duties include defining and managing VMware clusters and resources pools with access policies. Ensuring that hosts are properly configured, secure, available with properly backed up.
- Linux administration support duties include ensuring that all corporate Linux hosts are centrally managed with SSO integrated with Active Directory, administering Linux servers that provide corporate resources.
- Included will be managing server backups, Windows and Linux OS patching, software license management and implementing security procedures.
- Shares technical and functional expertise with other members of the team as required.
- Attends training sessions, reads instructional manuals, and reads industry periodicals to maintain a current understanding of the various operating systems and maintained software.
- Performs related work as required.
- Occasionally work during non-business hours to perform maintenance and installations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems management or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of relevant technical experience.
- Considerable experience in systems administration functions with a focus on Microsoft Active Directory.
- Server Optimization and Hardening
- Administration of VMware environments
- ITIL certification or working knowledge
- Practical experience in the following areas:
- Linux Server operating systems with Ubuntu preferred
- SAN infrastructure management
- Testing and installing third party software products
- Command line interfaces such as bash
- Designing, implementing and testing DR solutions
- Working in MS Windows system administration a plus
- DNS and DHCP technologies
- System performance monitoring & fine-tuning
- Back up technologies
- Programming / Scripting languages (Python a plus)
- Puppet, Chef or other configuration management tools
- Splunk or ELK
- PowerShell a plus
- Operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented culture that emphasizes professional development.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start up environment.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resume and a cover letter including availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) has released a Voluntary Self-Identification Form CC-305. All federal contractors are required to use this form in inviting all applicants and employees to provide information regarding their disability status. Completing this form is voluntary and any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way. If you choose to complete the form, please attach it with your job application. The form can be found at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Self_ID_Forms/VoluntarySelf-ID_CC-305_ENG_JRF_QA_508c.pdf