Director, Healthcare Business Development for
Government and Military
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a Director of Healthcare Business Development to work in our corporate office, located in Bethesda, MD. The ideal candidate must specifically have government healthcare sales experience and will have primary responsibility for the evolution and execution of the company’s government and military business development plan, including strategic development, evaluation, prioritization and closing of business transactions.
This position is full time with a competitive salary, strong benefits and stock options. Qualified candidates must be based in the Washington, D.C. area. Expected travel for the position is approximately 25%.
- Establish new partnerships, alliances and relationships to enable the company to drive new business growth – as well as hands-on business development activities, including sales prospecting efforts, qualifying potential new revenue opportunities, scoping, proposing and closing of new deals, and working with customer operations to deliver exceptional post-sales support
- Lead pipeline development/capture activities for all U.S. government and military opportunities; work with government/military stakeholders to understand current and future requirements, identify potential opportunities and develop effective proposals
- Negotiate and manage all aspects of government and military pricing contracts and ensure proper attainment and maintenance of BrainScope’s inclusion on federal supply contracts
- Manage all government and military third party distributors and resellers and ensure that these partnerships receive proper product and compliance training and sales and marketing support
- Identify areas of further R&D collaboration within the military, and work collaboratively with internal R&D, engineering, clinical and grant management teams to develop research proposals and successfully execute on research contracts for next generation product development
- Seasoned business development executive, with strong, established relationships within the government/military healthcare community and highly knowledgeable about acquisition/procurement within those settings; prior military service a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum), preferably in a STEM field or Business Administration
- Total of 10-15 years of experience including a minimum of 5 years of healthcare sales/ business development experience in government/ military setting with demonstrated success, as well as managing a field-based sales organization and third-party distributors dedicated to government and military sales
- Expected ~25% travel, including attendance at all relevant military conferences
- Results-oriented leader who conveys a sense of urgency and drives for closure, is able to execute and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands, and recognizes and executes critical details
- Strategic/forward thinker who possesses outstanding negotiation skills, a high degree of emotional intelligence and a winning attitude
- Ability to establish clear expectations, set priorities, focus resources, and delegate effectively
- Flexible and responsive to change; creative problem-solving skills
- Highly decisive and action-oriented, closely monitoring progress and proactively addressing issues and obstacles
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to enable him/her to represent the company to a variety of audiences
- Goal-driven, confident self-starter with a willingness to continually embrace professional development and a passion to excel
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented culture with strong collaboration and partnering skills
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resume and a cover letter including availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) has released a Voluntary Self-Identification Form CC-305. All federal contractors are required to use this form in inviting all applicants and employees to provide information regarding their disability status. Completing this form is voluntary and any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way. If you choose to complete the form, please attach it with your job application. The form can be found at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Self_ID_Forms/VoluntarySelf-ID_CC-305_ENG_JRF_QA_508c.pdf